Parent Meeting Agenda
Sample Agenda for Parent Meeting for new 9U Team
This may be tailored for older teams also.
- Uniforms will be picked up in August by team and I will let you know when to pick them up
- Two jerseys (1 blue/1 white), shorts, socks
- CU merchandise – should be some additional spirit wear opportunities in the fall besides the Adidas bag/jacket
- Goalie jerseys/gloves provided by club/team
- US Soccer Connect registration
- Passport photo image and birth certificate (or passport)
- Club will send instructions on how to register
- Trainer runs the game when there, otherwise PM/APM runs game
- Mid-fall player assessment by trainers (solely for parent)
- 2x/week – dates and time TBD, usually either 3:30-5 or 5-6:30 Mon-Fri
- Starts early Sep and runs until mid-late Nov
- Spring is 4/1-6/20 also with games on Sundays
- Club goalie training
- Possibly other club/team training sessions or free play (shooting clinics, etc)
- Usually last week of August for a couple hours each day
- Play in Morris County Youth Soccer Association (MCYSA) League (flight TBD, idea is to be flighted so we have a .500 record)
- 10 game season (5 home/5 away) with Sunday games (early Sep and runs until mid-late Nov with no league game on Columbus Day weekend)
- Play 7v7, no heading, no punting, build-out lines
- Allowed 2 Pre-season Conflict Notices (PCNs) where we can move a game no questions asked
- Arrive 30 minutes before each game
- Bring both uniform jerseys, water, ball
- Specific rules on cancellations/makeups (e.g., if home game and our fields are closed due to weather but away field is open we need to then go to away field)
- Approximately equal playing time, player rotation
- Rotate goalies
- Snack schedule?
- 9U teams do a pre-season tournament (West Orange Essex Fall Tune Up the first weekend of Sep
- Mount Olive Halloween Tournament (Saturday in October - only a one day tournament)
- Columbus Day Tournament?
- How many are outside the Chatham public school system?
- What other sports do you expect your child to play (fall, winter, spring)?
- Want to proactively manage conflicts so everyone can play other sports
- Possibly a Futsal league in Chatham gyms
- Friday night league in West Orange Armory
- Training once per week?
- Spring conflicts - generally conflicts are pretty easy to manage at 9U/10U however they seem to be increasing the last couple years
- Once our team is created and we are on the CU website everything runs through the website and SI Play app
- Please RSVP using the website
- I will change practices or games etc. and am really going to try not to follow up with emails unless there is additional info.
- PM/APM – State Certificate (formerly called F License), background check, concussion certificate, SafeSport Training certificate
- Fees are collected centrally by CU so need for a team treasurer like other CU teams
- This would be for anything the team does outside of the normal CU offerings (additional tournaments, gift for trainer, parties, etc)
- Event Planners
- Coordinate end of fall and spring season team party
- Other events – Red Bulls games, etc.
- Halloween costumes for Mt. Olive Halloween tournament
- One parent must stay at each practice all season long (take kids to bathroom if needed, sickness, injury, thunder, etc.)
- Will be added to SI Play app
- If conflict please see if someone else can cover for that day (don’t need to involve me)
- Roster size may be larger (depends on team)
- Teams with larger rosters may want to consider more tournaments and bring fewer players to each game. Something to discuss as a team
- No coaching from the sidelines – positive cheering, the children don’t hear most of what you say anyway and it is distracting to them or often contradictory from what the trainers are telling them
- Some trainers game coach with limited or no in-game guidance to the players (this is the best practice in youth soccer training)
- Want to limit the notion of A, B, C, teams – try to use the names of the teams (“Bulldogs, Bruins, or Buffaloes” rather than “the A team”